The program in Mechanical Engineering has the following distinguishing characteristics:
- The program emphasizes problem-solving skills through acquiring analytical and quantitative capabilities, combined with hands-on teaching style.
- The program provides students with a solid mathematical background in calculus and statistics to be able to analyze problems and design solutions.
- The program emphasizes creativity. Through learning the product design and development process in lab-based courses.
- The program stresses on acquiring communication skills that allow graduates to explain complex machines or devices in a clear and effective manner.
- The program provides teamwork training. Students need to work in groups, as engineers often work in groups to invent technologies and solve problems.