The Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Business Administration with concentration in Marketing (MKT) curriculum prepares students for careers in marketing, sales, and marketing research. The marketing major focuses on the study of all activities required to determine which products and services are most desired by consumers as well as how to design and implement programs to efficiently communicate and distribute products and services. Marketing students learn to make decisions about product design and quality, pricing, advertising, channels of distribution, and personal selling in ways to enhance consumer satisfaction and further the goals of the company or organization. The approach to marketing education is to provide a comprehensive set of courses and experiences that allow students to approach problems with a clear understanding of the marketing function as well as the interrelationships of marketing with other functions.
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration Concentration in Marketing
- Critically evaluate marketing situations and make informed marketing decisions.
- Explain the significance of global markets and the universal marketing processes to develop global marketing plans.
- Relate how marketing has contributed to the political, economic, and legal environments of today’s global society.
- Develop competency in the technological applications used by the marketing profession.
- Describe the complex nature of corporate ethics and the social responsibility of organizations in the conduct of marketing activities.
- Demonstrate professional and effective written and oral communications skills.
- Develop the leadership skills necessary to function as a senior staff member in a marketing department or marketing agency.